Even though the smartwatches have been with us for a good amount of time, the market has recently started expanding. With OEM manufacturers focusing more on smartwatches, the smart wearables are rapidly becoming the next standard tech products. We have already seen brands such as Samsung offering crazy deals on smartwatches on the purchase of flagship devices. Various other companies such as Xiaomi and Huawei have now entered into the smartwatches space.
If you’re out there looking to get yourself a brand-new smartwatch for all your productivity needs, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we’re listing our picks on the best smartwatches available in India in 2019.
How Are Smartwatches Helpful?
Just like the smartphone, the smartwatch manages to justify the “smart” moniker in its name. There are plenty of reasons that will convince you to buy a smartwatch for yourself. We’ll look at a few of them here.
- Notifications: The ease of getting notifications right on your wrist without lifting the phone is one of the most significant plus points of owning a smartwatch. You will hardly have to touch your smartphone to interact with basic stuff, such as notifications.
- Messages and Reply: With a smartwatch on your wrist, you don’t have to pick your phone up to reply to messages. You can use quick replies, voice dictation, and even typing to reply to your WhatsApp messages from the watch itself.
- Answering Calls: You can quickly attend to your important calls from the smartwatch itself. Although speaking to your watch would be a little weird in public places, you can use Bluetooth earphones in such a scenario. In short, you can just tap on your watch, and presto, you’re on a call.
- Fitness: If you’re a fitness enthusiast or trying to focus more on it, then you can have an in-depth analysis of your lifestyle on the watch. Most of the smartwatches out there supports almost all types of exercises.
- Customization: The best part—you can customize your smartwatch and match it with your outfit of the day.
These are just a few of the many reasons to own a smartwatch, and believe me when I say that you will find tons of different uses and case scenarios on your own.
Best Smartwatches in India 2019
Here are our picks of the best smartwatches for the year 2019. Luckily, we have covered all the budget segments, suggesting to you the best for each budget category.
If you’re quite tight on the budget and do not want to shell out tens of thousands for a brand-new smartwatch, then you can look at the Amazfit Huami Bip touch smartwatch. The smartwatch offers exceptional build quality considering the price tag it is selling for. Priced at just INR 4,999, the wearable can last up to 45 days of battery on a single charge. It comes with plenty of features, such as always-on display, touchscreen display, app notifications, calls, messages, e-mail, and multisports tracking.
It can also measure your heart rate, sleep patterns, calories, and many more. Surprisingly, the watch also comes with GPS connectivity along with the compass function. Considering all these features, Huami Amazfit is an extraordinary value for money options out there and should be a solid choice for those who want to try the beauty of smartwatches.
- Value for money
- Lots of features to play around with
- Massive battery life
- Lacks numerous features
- Use Amazfit App (ZEPP) to connect to phone
- Upto 45 days of battery for Single charge
- Use Huawei Mi-Fit App to connect the phone
- Anti-Finger transflective screen touchscreen, always-on color display
- Call, message, Email, facebook and Other app notifications
Good: Samsung Gear S3 Frontier
For those who’re looking for a much more real smartwatch experience, then Samsung Gear S3 Frontier should keep you invested. The wearable runs on TizenOS, which is a full-fledged smartwatch operating system. This means that you will be able to install apps from the App Store, access tons of shortcuts using the drop-down menu, and can switch between multiple apps. There is an AMOLED touch panel on the front, along with a rotating dial.
You can customize the watch faces per your preference. You can do all the basic stuff, such as replying to texts, controlling music, answering calls, receiving notifications, and much more. You have access to hundreds of applications and watch faces. There are tons of things that you can do on Gear S3 Frontier.
- Full-fledged smartwatch experience
- Hundreds of apps and watch faces
- Samsung Pay
- Average battery life
- 1.3-inch 360x360 super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display
- Corning gorilla glass SR+
- Galaxy wearable app
- Compatibility: Samsung Android, other Android, iOS (Bluetooth) and iOS (Stand alone)
- Certified IP68 and MIL-STD-810G (temperatures and shock resistant)
Best: Apple Watch Series 5
For those who are unaware, Apple was the first smartphone company to come up with the smartwatch product itself. Since then, the brand has managed to offer an impressive experience to the consumer. Even though the Apple Watch is a bit on the expensive side, the product is best in the class with top-notch features out there. It would be worth investing in Apple Watch if you are already an iOS user.
With that said, it has all the things you can ask for in a smartwatch, such as notifications, calls, GPS, controlling music, workout routines, and sleeping patterns. These are just the highlights of the product. Furthermore, it even has the optical heart rate sensor and ECG app. Lastly, you can customize the watch, thanks to the awesome faces and wide range of straps to choose from.
- Premium experience
- Massive app support
- ECG and optical heart rate sensor
- A reliable option for iOS users
- Not known for Android compatibility
- Always-On Retina display
- 30% larger screen
- ECG app
In this article, we talked about the three best smartwatches available on the market categorized as cheap, reasonable, and best options depending on the budget. If you’re looking for a starter experience, then Huami Amzfit is the way to go. On the other hand, if you’re looking for a full smartwatch experience on Android, then you can go for Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. For iOS users, Apple Watch 5 is surely the way to go.
Last update on 2020-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API