Choosing the best power bank in the market is no easy task considering all the big players. We have given the list based on audience reviews and performance of the power banks/portable chargers. Before we jump into the listing lets talk a bit about Power Banks.
Power banks – the invention that turned out to be one of the best of the decade, as portability became a staple for electronic devices. As phones became better at multi-tasking and serving as a one-stop device with the capacity to load tonnes of power-thirsty apps, the need for a portable charger to keep our phones up and running became increasingly demanding. As we over-use and abuse our phones and drain out their batteries, a power bank comes as a simple, easy to use and economic solution to charge our phones without any worries. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration if we said, power bank is a must-have device for every phone user out there – it is as important as packing water for yourself when you go on a desert trip, it is not a choice but a requirement. Because you really cannot afford your phone giving up on you in the middle of an intense photo session on your dream trip or while shooting that YouTube video that you have been meaning to shoot for a long time.
As power bank is more of an add-on device to have, you do not have that much of information about the best power bank that you can buy or for that matter the million dollar question of how to choose the best power bank. We keep receiving a lot of queries about the ultimate options of power banks to choose from, so we thought of collating a list of best power banks in India, categorized based on Best – High End (for those who don’t mind the buck and want best in quality products), Good – Affordable and Good quality (for those who want a good quality product that does not burn their pocket too much) and Cheap – Cheap and decent quality (for those who look for a cheap product that is not too fancy but gets the job done nonetheless).
How to choose your power bank?
A lot of factors play a role in choosing the right power bank for your phone. So let’s do a quick run-through of the main features you need to consider before making a decision.
The size of the power bank refers to the battery capacity, considering the fact that the whole power bank is a charging device for your phone and nothing else. So as far as this feature is concerned, the battery capacity of a power bank is measured using a unit called “milliamp-hour”, expressed as mAH. Bigger numbers means more power, which in turn means more charging capacity. Power banks with high battery capacities can be used to charge devices other than smartphones that require higher power to be charged, for example – Tablets, GoPro, Kindle, Bluetooth headset and so on. Power banks can be used to charge any device that can be charged using a USB charger. To figure out thebest-suitedd power bank for your device, you need to check the capacity of your device first and choose a power bank that has equal or higher battery capacity than your device. For example – IPhone X has a power capacity of 2,716 mAH, so in order to fully charge this device, you need a power bank that has power capacity higher than 3000 mAH. Common battery capacity of power banks ranges between 2000 mAH and 20,000 mAH. There are a few power banks that give you more battery capacity, however, this is the normal range that people prefer to buy.
Power output is a direct measure of how much charge it can deliver during discharge. It gives you an idea of how fast the power bank can charge your device. The power output is usually measured in Amps. Different USB ports of power banks can deliver different power outputs. In general, the power output delivered by most of the power banks range between 1 Amp and 5.4 Amp, with 1 Amp taking the maximum time to charge your device and 5.4 Amp being the fastest. Following pointers will give you an idea of how fast your device can be charged using different power outputs –
- 1 Amp – The USB port can charge your smartphone or tablet at a very slow speed, even though the battery capacity is big enough to charge your device multiple times.
- 2 Amp – This is mostly considered as the optimal charging speed. A USB port with 2 Amp can charge your smartphone at the fastest possible speed, however, can charge your tablet at a moderate speed.
- 4 Amp – Can optimally charge 2 smartphones at the same time at a moderate speed. However, if you connect two different devices like a smartphone and a tablet, the speed might vary and might not be fast enough.
- 4 Amp – This has the maximum speed. It can charge two tablets simultaneously at the fastest possible speed.
Number of USB ports
Mostly, people prefer power banks with a minimum of two ports such that they can charge two devices at a time. However as explained earlier, while going for a power bank with multiple ports, it is important to note that the battery capacity should be more ~10,000 mAH.
Safety and Efficiency
You can go for buying Power Banks that have –
- Over current protection – protects the device by preventing too much power going into the battery pack and the power going out to the connected equipment, protecting the delicate circuitry of both devices.
- Over Voltage Protection – protects both the power bank and the connected device by keeping the voltage within recommended safety parameters to avoid damage.
- Over Discharge Protection – some power banks consistently monitor charge states to prevent this from happening.
- Lower Operating Temperature – wastes less energy for a longer life expectancy at a lower operating temperature
Check for logos and industry standards before purchasing the power bank, such that you can be ensured of the fact that the device has passed necessary safety conditions and industry standards. Avoid buying power banks that do not have such information mentioned in the packaging. Also, try to avoid buying extremely cheap models that promise false battery capacities and power outputs as they will end up being a bad investment.
Best Power Banks in India | 2018
Now that you have a clear idea about what to look for while purchasing a power bank, let’s dive right into the ultimate ranking of #whichisbest’s Best Power Banks in India.
Best – High-end, best quality
For buyers who look for a power bank with the best quality and do not mind spending some extra bucks!
Best power bank – Anker Most Compact 20000mAh Portable Charger PowerCore 20100
Buy it here
Anker, being a brand known for its best in class quality, was undoubtedly our obvious pick in this range. Though you can get many power banks of the same battery capacity and power output for a cheaper price, the quality and efficiency of this brand are incomparable to its contemporaries. You get Ultra High Capacity Power Bank with Most Powerful 4.8A Output with two USB ports, Anker PowerCore 20100 Portable Charger Micro USB cable travel pouch welcome guide, fan-favourite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service for the price that you are paying. Also, you will be joining a customer base of 10+million people who have already purchased this product.
- Certified Safe: Anker’s MultiProtect safety system ensures complete protection for your devices.
- Fast Charging Technology: PowerIQ and voltage boost combine to deliver the fastest possible charge of up to 4 amps through 2 USB ports.
- Enormous Capacity: Charges the iPhone 6 six times the iPhone 6 Plus or Galaxy S6 four times or the iPad Air more than once. Safely recharges with a 2 amp output charger (most phone chargers have 1 amp output)
- Power IQ – Intelligently identifies the connected device and provides a safe, high-speed charge tailored specifically to the device that is connected.
- Voltage Boost – Detects cable resistance and adjusts current accordingly, to provide the fastest and most steady charge, irrespective of the cables you use.
- Multi project feature – Short circuit protection, Temperature control, Output voltage surge protection, output current stabilizer, power overload recovery, battery cell protection, Auto shut-off sleep mode, Input voltage surge protection, output current limiter, low voltage protection
- Highly Priced
- Some people have raised concerns with respect to the warranty, check the warranty before purchase
Good – Affordable, good quality
For buyers who are looking for a power bank that is affordable but at the same time does not compromise on its quality.
Most affordable power bank – Mi 20000mAH Li-Polymer 2i
Buy it here
Mi 20000mAH Li-Polymer Power Bank 2i is the most affordable option available considering its features and quality. Mi is known to produce best in class products with attractive pricing ranges that seem to be the most wanted pick for most of the Indians. Mi 20000mAH Li-Polymer Power Bank does not shy away with respect to its performance, because of which it stands as the best seller on many of the e-commerce sites.
- Experience ultra-fast charging Quick Charge 3.0 support when charging one device or 5.1V / 3.6A support when charging two devices at once
- 20000mAH Mi Power Bank 2 plays well with others, including devices from Mi, Apple, Samsung and more, it can also charge some USB-C laptops
- Lithium Polymer Battery makes it more durable and optimises charging efficiency; Dual USB Output
- Mi A1: 4.3 Full charges and iPhone 7: 7 Full charges; Anti-slip and scratch resistant
- High-quality circuit boards – Experience improved safety, conversion rate & stabilised charge and discharge efficiencies with high-quality circuit boards. 9-layer circuit protection enhances safety and efficiency for both, charge and discharge.
- Safety and Protection – Temperature Resistance, Protection from Short Circuit, Reset Mechanism, Input Overvoltage Protection, Protection from Incorrect Insertion, Protection from Output Overcurrent, Output Overvoltage Protection, Protection from Overcharge and overdischarge PTC Protective Circuits for the Cell
- Dual USB Output – Supports single port quick charge 3.0
- Many customers have raised concerns about the device getting overheated.
- There are mixed reviews about the time taken to charge the power bank – some people think it takes too long to get charged.
Cheap – Budget pick
For buyers who are looking for a basic power bank that is easy on their pockets.
Cheap and best – Ambrane P-1144 10000mAH Lithium-Ion Power Bank
Buy it here
When we were looking at multiple options under this budget, Ambrane stood out as the best budget pick for us, mainly because of its good reviews on performance and also to encourage an Indian brand in the market. Ambrane power banks are made in India and are available with a warranty of 365 days.
- 10000mAh Ambrane Power Bank delivers on innovative Impressive design, excellent quality and high output capacity
- P-1144 is compatible with almost all the smartphone, tablets. Digital camera, iPhone, media players and other Micro USB devices.
- These power banks are Travel-sized Lightweight, Compact, portability, perfect for backpacks or on-the-go. It’s the best way to stay charged and ready on Beaches, Restaurants and airplane.
- Advance Multilayer Safety Protection Technology – It’s a high efficiency, widely compatible device that saves electricity and is protected against over current, over heat and over voltage.
- Digital display screen which will show the status of its battery in the percentage form. So you don’t need to calculate the idea of the charge in the battery through LEDs
- Dual USB Ports – You can charge two devices at the same time with High top speed
- Not the best-looking power bank in the market – but, do looks really matter? – We leave that to your choice.
In a nutshell, these are our picks for the best Power Banks in India budget and performance –
|Price Range||Category||Buy it from here|
Anker Most Compact 20000mAh Portable Charger PowerCore 20100
|2500-5000 INR||High-end, Best in class|
|Mi 20000mAH Li-Polymer Power Bank 2i||1200 – 1600 INR||Affordable alternative||>|
|Ambrane P-1144 10000mAH Lithium Ion Power Bank||600 -1000 INR||Cheap – Budget Pick|